Friday, December 17, 2010

Harold Newton, early or late ?


This is an interesting Harold, especially if you like action. Looks like a hurricane.

True to life, hurricanes are not especially colorful.

Howevah......................The style and colors and the frame he used confirms a later work.

So when Geraghty tells you it's EARLY, do not think it was painted in the 50's or 60's, but possibly in the late 70's, although it looks newer to me. 80's or 90's.

I wasn't there when Harold painted it, so I don't know for sure.
But I HAVE been studying his work for the last 15 years.

I DO believe he priced it fairly, and that's what matters in the end.

Another caveat emptor for your interpretation of eBay descriptions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Highwaymen-Painting-Harold-Newton-highwaymen-ocean-/260709228765?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item3cb37b20dd

No comments:

Post a Comment