Sunday, February 20, 2011

Not a highwayman, but..........

I spent most of my creativity on my other blog, highwaymenart.blogspot..com, and I feel like I've been neglecting this one, so I'm going to re-post something here.

It's a copy/paste from last year. Since that time, I've sold a bunch of them, but I have also bought quite a few new ones. You CANNOT buy the one hanging in my dining room. In fact, you can't even have a look at it.

Here you go. PAY ATTENTION. You'll be glad you did in a few years.



D L Rust, listed Florida artist
As many of you know, and as it has been reported in various antique / art publications, I buy, display and sell oil paintings of Florida wildlife by listed artist D L Rust.Of particular interest, both to me and the public, are his gator paintings.His paintings are so realistic that this actually happened to one of my customers.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCsRpfOzqn0&NR=1
I must have sold fifty of them over the years since my first trip to visit Rust in his studio.
I love his work and I am pleased to offer 6 or 7 pieces currently in stock.Some are posted on the main website, http://www.highwaymen-buy-sell-trade.com/.Look in my Other Florida Artists page.
These are offered with an asking price of $ 375.00, discounts available on multiple purchases.The current sizes I have are all oils on stretched canvas, 20 x 24, a nice manageable size.
I dislike writing negative things of any sort, but these are not giclee prints, as one ignorant spiteful Fort Pierce "highwaymen" seller claims they are. They are original oils on stretched canvas.
D L Rust has a painting in the National Gallery in the Smithsonian. If his work is good enough for them, gentle readers, perhaps it is good enough for you ?
Especially at these reduced prices.
Just for fun and comparison purposes, here's a link to an eBay offering of similar work by another listed artist C. Ford Riley. The fact that the opening bid is posted as $ 9,995.00 is irrelevant.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Large-Florida-Gator-Watercolor-C-Ford-Riley-Signed-/120621702285?pt=Art_Paintings&hash=item1c159d1c8d

Update 02/24/11. Listing is now deleted. Link is dead. Sorry. It was a nice painting.

Riley's listed auction record in AskArt.com is $ 650.00.
Rust's auction record in AskArt.com is $ 4,183.00.
I rest my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment