Wednesday, November 3, 2010

highwaymen art official business


That's right, official.


In my other blog today (go read it) I'm commenting on AOL's take on cutting prices in this economy and what I've been doing.


Howevah................ there's another side to our AOL "welcome to Nov 3, 2010".


AOL attracts one's attention by posting this picture of what they believe a small business owner should look like in today's day and age. Worried.


Now this is a sort of brainwashing on a subconcious level and one of the reasons I put so much blame on the media for helping to sustain this pathetic economy.


This guy pictured is every small business owner and by God, he's WORRIED.

America, you too better be worried. That's the message, no question.


I see this picture and the Travelers Insurance (the one with an umbrella) advertisment that I see on television all the time runs in my head. The one where the cute little white terrier frets about where to secure his bone for a rainy day. In the background is this great blues song that goes. "Trouble, Oh, trouble, trouble...been dogging me since the day I was born. Worry. Oh, worry, worry, worry...". You must have seen it, I've seen it about a million times. Very effective.


That's the little AOL guy for ya way up top. I don't look anything like him.


Actually, he looks like my cousin's husband, Jim. Not that he's worried, just looks like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment